SALTY PAWS INSHORE FISHING TOURNAMENT OFFICIAL RULES
1. These rules may be changed at any time through the completion of the Captains Meeting. All tournament participants are required to be aware of and to follow these rules through the completion of the tournament. Completing registration and participating in the tournament is the angler's/team's agreement and acceptance of these rules.
2. Registration can be done online prior to the Captains Meeting or in person at the Captains Meeting. Registrations will be late after the conclusion of the Captains Meeting. Registration fees are $60 per angler or $200 for a team of four (maximum four anglers per boat) through 11:59 p.m. Friday, May 15, 2020. Beginning at 12:00 a.m. Saturday, May 16, 2020, registration fees are $70 per angler or $250 per team of four. All teams/individuals must be paid and registered prior to the starting fishing times. There is no refund of entry fees unless the tournament is cancelled by the tournament committee. All efforts will be made to reschedule the tournament in the event of inclement weather. The tournament committee reserves the right to refuse entry to any applicant. In the event of such refusal, 100% of the applicant's entry fee will be returned if previously accepted.
3. The Captains Meeting is mandatory for each individual angler or at least one angler on each team and will take place at 6:30 p.m. Friday, June 5, 2020, at Armed Anglers, 1801 US Highway 19, Holiday. At least one member of each team is required to be in attendance. For those who had not pre-registered, registration will take place from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. at the captains meeting.
4. Hours of fishing begin immediately after the captains meeting on Friday, June 5, 2020, for boats and vessels properly equipped to operate overnight, or at first safe light for vessels not so equipped.
5. Boundaries of fishing are Anna Maria Island to the south and Cedar Key to the north. There are no western or eastern boundaries.
6. Cast nets may only be used for catching bait. Anglers using cast nets to net fish to be entered into the tournament will be disqualified. All fish must be caught and brought to the boat with hand-held, non-motorized rod and reel. Live or artificial bait is allowed.
7. All registered boats must comply with state and United States Coast Guard safety regulations and with Florida Fish and Wildlife regulations. It is up to the discretion of each boat operator to determine whether his or her craft is seaworthy for existing sea and weather conditions. The boat operator is responsible for all members of his or her crew both on and off the water.
8. All persons on a boat or vessel participating in the tournament must be registered to participate in the tournament.
9. Two or more boats coming into physical contact during fishing hours in any manner will be disqualified. No items may be passed between boats during tournament hours.
10. This is a catch-and-release tournament. As such, photos must be taken of each catch to be entered into the tournament and must comply with the tournament specifications. All photos must have the tournament piece clearly in the photo and must be taken during the tournament hours. If the photo is unclear or the tournament piece is missing, the fish will be disqualified. Anglers must provide digital photos via SD card or cell phone (must be able to provide connecting cable if needed in order to retrieve photos) with easily accessible digital photos. It is not the responsibility of Hands & Paws Dog Rescue or Salty Paws Inshore Fishing Tournament for faulty photography equipment or connecting cables. Anglers are responsible for providing their own digital photo equipment. The tournament committee will not provide any special equipment to view the photos. Photos may also be emailed to an email address provided at the captains meeting. Only one fish is to be submitted per category. The first fish submitted will be the one considered for that team. No exceptions.
11. Pictures must be taken with the nose of the fish, facing left, flush against the tournament ruler. Pictures need to include the entire fish and clearly show the fish on the measuring stick provided. Pictures not in compliance will be subject to disqualification as determined by the tournament weigh master and/or tournament committee.
12. All photos submitted for judging will become the property of the tournament.
13. Anglers who do not submit their catches via email must weigh in at Hooters, 5336 Treadway Dr., Port Richey, 727-841-0801. Weigh in will begin at 2 p.m. Anglers and teams must be checked in by a Salty Paws Inshore Fishing Tournament member at the weigh-in line no later than 4 p.m., even if catches were emailed in. Official check-in will confirm that the 4 p.m. deadline was met. After 4 p.m., no further check-ins will be allowed and any remaining anglers and teams will be disqualified. NO EXCEPTIONS. Photos for submission may be brought to the weigh in by vessel or vehicle.
14. Only one fish per category per individual angler or team may be weighed in.
15. Only registered anglers or members of a registered team may submit photos to be weighed in.
16. In the event of a tie, the tiebreaker is based on the time of registration so that the team that registered first will place higher than the other team.
17. The largest fish in each category are awarded. There will be a plaque and cash prize for the largest snook, redfish, and trout. There is also a Calcutta (tournament within the tournament) option that can be entered at the Captains Meeting. Winners for this option are determined by combining the total inches of the largest snook, redfish, and trout submitted for the individual angler or team. The Calcutta is split with 80% in awards (50% of the total Calcutta entry fees to first place, 20% to second place, and 10% to third place) and 20% to Hands & Paws Dog Rescue.
18. Prizes are issued during the event. If a winning team member is not available to collect the prize at the event, they will be contacted through means provided to Salty Paws Inshore Fishing Tournament members at time of registration. Prizes not collected within 90 days of the tournament will be returned to Salty Paws Inshore Fishing Tournament to be donated back to Hands & Paws Dog Rescue.
19. All decisions of the tournament weigh master and tournament committee are final. Any grievances must be submitted by 5:30 p.m. on the day of the tournament. Winners are required to submit to and pass a polygraph test in the event of a dispute if deemed necessary by the tournament committee.